Progress Thread Stykthyn Tries It Again

IMAG0839_1.jpg

Case in point my 15 year old that's convinced he's buying a car this year and struggling to put a front tire on. I'm not expecting pit crew performance but this could have been an SNL skit.

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

No work on the mustang this weekend. Rain has finally let up and I have a free weekend but I get to change the clutch in the wrangler instead. Woot.

I have decided I need these for the mustang though.
12963440_10153540874947621_4970828516810163695_n.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
No work on the mustang this weekend. Rain has finally let up and I have a free weekend but I get to change the clutch in the wrangler instead. Woot.

I have decided I need these for the mustang though.
12963440_10153540874947621_4970828516810163695_n.jpg
Where did you get those? Or did you make them?

Hilarious, I'd use them though......

Noobz, you can post some of the funniest stuff.....

Not an intentional derail but this is how I started at Stangnet. It was not common practice to post images on forums. You had to manually enter thread tags... blah blah blah

Anyway... It began as a pet peeve. I wanted more pictures. Luckily, the boards have improved over time, making it a lot easier than it used to be. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Question for the masses. I grew up OA welding. For the most part this is a dead practice. Sheet metal has gotten much thinner on our cars. I've gotten what I need to redo the floors and I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't pick up a cheap mig? I'm almost clueless about these things so, if I was to get one what's a good budget unit? I'd like to keep it 110 if possible.

I use a 110 Miller gas mig at work, it welds exhaust pipe and other thin metals just fine. I have a Harbor Freight 110 flux core mig at home and it does what I need it to,just messy lol-i did learn recently that flux core wire corrodes from the inside out after welding. So body panels are out.

Reactions: 1 user