Progress Thread Stykthyn Tries It Again

I have a Lincoln flux core 140 (plugs to a dedicated 110 circuit) that I converted to gas and it worked excellent for my engine bay smoothing once I got the speed and heat dialed in.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Sweet. I have no plans to smooth an engine bay, but the floors need love and there's a couple other projects in mind where it would just be money well spent instead of sourcing labor elsewhere.

This is what I use. Great machine, bought it from a friend that has to have the latest and greatest... and he keeps trying to buy it back from me. I usually don't use the autoset feature, because I actually like to set it myself, and tweak it to my liking. It is 220v. I've found very few 110v machines that are worth their weight in scrap. I'm sure a few will disagree with that, but there ya go.
image.jpeg

P.S.

If you get a little machine that uses flux core wire and no gas, you are going to hate it, and it will leave your car a mess. Run away!

I've got a Lincoln handy mig, works OK for me so far, just need to learn to use it better. 110v/20 amp, came with a gas regulator and spools of solid core and mig wire, and a few extra tips for both.

MIG140-2T.jpg

Lotos.

Currently there are two of us here that own the brand.... (me, and Collin) So you have brand endorsement from actual people.

You can certainly buy American, and either get a Lincoln, Miller, or Hobart piece but it'll be significantly more expensive. This is a 110v piece that comes with a regulator (no conversion kit required) and will weld up to 1/4" plate.

You can buy the thing on Amazon, it's eligible for Amazon prime (free two day shipping on a pkg that weighs 60 pounds), and a drone will deliver it right to your door.

Well,.......the drone part is crap, but the rest of the stuff is the God's honest truth.

$368.00 shipped.

And for $500.00 more,.get the same TIG/Stick Plasma cutter that I've had since 2008.
614eRInilWL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
As stated, I have the Lotos TIG welder, but I also still have my MIG which is this:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200482378_200482378

Well worth the money. Having had a 110v welder, it didn't work as well and sucked a TON of juice. Making the switch to 230v is the best thing you can do for yourself. If you don't have a 230v plug, I can show you how to wire one up. It costs about $80 and takes about an hour.

As stated, I have the Lotos TIG welder, but I also still have my MIG which is this:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200482378_200482378

Well worth the money. Having had a 110v welder, it didn't work as well and sucked a TON of juice. Making the switch to 230v is the best thing you can do for yourself. If you don't have a 230v plug, I can show you how to wire one up. It costs about $80 and takes about an hour.
Looks like a good option,...and I agree about the 220v thing, as I have went all these years with my original Lincoln 110v, and now the new Lotos 220v unit is waay more efficient.

Since we're pastin pretty pictures, and since you laid down your cards....

I'll see your Hobart,.....and raise you an included spool gun, and save him 150.00 at the same time.
546.00 shipped in two days.**
71wl6UejpOL._SL1200_.jpg

** An actual Madmike owned product:nice:

Reactions: 2 users
I've welded with Collin's Lotos TIG. It's a nice little machine. No bells or whistles, but it welds smooth, and for the price..pfft. I will most likely be buying one of their plasma cutting units in the future.