Styling/roll bar/lightbar ?'s

Fallguy

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2002
Wisconsin
Since everyone calls them something different I thought I would cover all bases. But I think you all know what I'm talking about . It's the texture vinyl cover bar that you can add to your vert. (not for roll over's...lol) I want to put one on my 00Gt vert. I know CDC make's one , Steeda has one , Saleen ect... and have seen other's.

Any pro's or con's to them or to a certain mfg. of one ???

Ease of install ?

Pic's would be cool to see

Thanks...Fall

• Sponsors (?)

You are looking for a lightbar. I personally think they look SWEET! That would be the only reason I would want a vert. Definitely get one. Theres a member on here, I forget his name (007 maybe?) that has an 02 True Blue GT w/ a lightbar and Saleen rims and the car looks amazing :drool:

Yup that's what I'm getting for my car after I install my gear in Jan.. although I would like to see more pics but I couldn't view anything in stangnet :mad:

Btw, would the lightbar installation interfere with the mach 460 speaker on the side of the back seat? :shrug: I demand PICS! If anyone has lots of pics.. please PM me for my email. Thanks

pics in sig.
i got it from pat haney motorsports. install took about 2-3 hours- but that is with BS'n and stuff with my dad, brother, mom, grandma, dog.... there is no clearance issues when the top is up. you can purchase a shut off switch for the light when the top is up but i drove mine without the switch and it doesnt bother me a bit. there is no interference at all. i just followed the directions and did no modifications. the only thing i did do was take out the seat belt loops.

heres a few pics of my old 00 gt with the cdc light bar
Picture-018-resized.jpg

Picture-031-resized.jpg

Picture-006-resized.jpg

Lightbar good. Takes the car to a whole new level. One thing to watch out for is the seat belt loops on the front seats. While CDC advises you in their installation instructions to get smaller replacement seat belt loops, those cheap rat bastids don't include 'em with their install kit! :mad: The stock ones chafed my bar the 1st day so I removed 'em. Sometimes passengers whine about having to reach way back for the seat belt so I might have to order the smaller ones.

SilVert99GT said:
Lightbar good. Takes the car to a whole new level. One thing to watch out for is the seat belt loops on the front seats. While CDC advises you in their installation instructions to get smaller replacement seat belt loops, those cheap rat bastids don't include 'em with their install kit! :mad: The stock ones chafed my bar the 1st day so I removed 'em. Sometimes passengers whine about having to reach way back for the seat belt so I might have to order the smaller ones.

Where can you order smaller ones?

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]Where can you order smaller ones?[/QUOTE]

Hmm...good question. I'm looking at their instructions and I'm realizing that it doesn't really say where to get them from. And I'm not sure whether only the '99 Mustangs have this problem. But they give what looks like a Ford part number so now I'm assuming you can get them from a Ford dealer.

"NOTE: 1999 Mustang Bulletin
Due to the larger size of the seat belt shoulder loop on the 1999 Mustang, modifications to this loop or the purchase of a new loop is recommended Seat Belt retainer bracket PART# (Left) - F4ZZ 76610C07 A (Right) F4ZZ 76610C06 A"

I ordered the replacement seat loops and they were the same as the ones that were already on the car. I took the stock ones off, cut and redrilled them per the instructions and bent them slightly. No interference with the light bar.

The Saleen bar and the CDC bar are exactly the same except the CDC bar comes with a big plaque that says CDC :rolleyes: I didn't have to remove the speakers when I installed the bar on my car, took about 2.5 hours total.

Here's my car without the speedster cover.

lightbar.jpg

Here's my car with the 2 piece Kar Kraft speedster cover...

DCP_2505.jpg