Sub install pics.......

mytight95

Apr 11, 2003
Dothan,Al
Ok i have everything bought to install my system now...... i have two mb quart dwf 304's, a MB quart RAA1000, and all the components etc. for the cabin.

My dilemma is i only have one good idea on how to mount them... i have only seen a couple of cars with pics of a nice install. If you have subs in your mustang... please post a pic, what it took cu. ft. of enclosure spk size, and whether or not you have the mach 460 pod in the rear...... thanks to those who participate...

thanks

jason

• Sponsors (?)

i put subs in a 98 coupe that i had, and i think you have at most 14" or 15" of clearance, i went with 2 10" JL Audio subs in a ported box and they kicked like a mofo and i got them for sale in the classified also.

also i put them in through the pull-down backseat and had to bend up the metal piece with a hammer to slide the subs in there cuz they were a perfect fit, pretty much unsteal-able. They Sounded incredible though

i have 2 10" subs in a kenwood bandpass box. i took out the rear seats and all of the framework for that access hole thing and then i had to bend up the remaining metal flap and squeezed it in. there really is no room in the trunk for anything. and there is no way to get the spare tire out with the box in there. i have a pic on my other computer that i will post a little later.

here is the only pic i got of them
subs.jpg

Attachments

• subs.jpg
    subs.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 62
It seems to me that Aaron did something very similar to Fast94. Aaron was nice enough to provide me with some info about his RSD and it was my model when I made mine.

Good luck Jason.

(I need to figure an easy way to mount my amp under the package tray in the trunk to clean things up a bit).

i bolted my amp to the back of my box but i faced my subs backwards (not towards the the front) and they still hit hard and they sounded great but they were JL Audio W3, they are incredible, probably one of the best, if not "THE BEST" for quality and performance. i mean they might not be the loudest for but they sound like a Bose everything just sounds great not junky

Sub & Amp

My MB Quart amp is also mounted on the back of the sub box (10" Phoniex Gold) it faces towards the rear too, But if I push it to far back the glass window of my top jams up when I drop the top. I'm considering taking the spare tire right out and mounting the amp in the well and installing a backing plate mounted to the area where the interior panel connected and secureing the sub box to it and then covering it with a padded vinal of some sort, but waiting for warmer weather. Somebody else did it on here but I can't find the thread he had pics. I really only need to get my golf clubs in the trunk anyway. As thats all a vert trunk is good for.

There is a way to make it fit no doubt.... just didn't really want to do the RSD if i didn't have to.... I have considered removing the mach 460 pod, b/c as advised by one of the techs at crutchfield it may actually hurt the imaging of my components since they were meant to be installed free air.... then i would have around 15 inches height to work with, i only .86 cu. ft. per speaker so i should be able to make it small enough that i can get it in and out for the track.... course a RSD would do the same pretty easy...

jason