Subwoofer question

Nobody

Founding Member
May 9, 2000
Kenmore, WA
I am replacing the entrie Mach460 system with cheap aftermarket stuff. Will this be enough to match the Mach 460 Bass?

Single JL 10W1 10" Subwoofer
Sealed enclosure (1 cu. ft.)
Bridged Pioneer Amp making 125Watts RMS.

I don't want to shake the whole car, I just want something comparable to what I got with the Mach460.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure you know the W1 is..........well cheap. It will sound better to to you than stock because the sub will produce lower bass frequency than the stock speakers, It will not exactly be better or louder, you will just be hearing different frequency's than before. I would swap out the 6x9 in the rear deck and your door speakers with some quality pieces, and your sound quality qill dramatically increase, for minimal $$$$

In my 70 VW i have 3 10" JL 10w1 powered by a JL 500 watt amp. They are cheap but the quality is great for the money. They have never given me problems and sound great and that is with a generator not an altenator. The one will sound good. There will be no reason to fold down the seat you will be able to hear just fine. If you listen to more rap go for the 12" but for rock and pretty much anything else that don't have rumbling bass the 10" will sound really clean. Enjoy the new tunes!

Wow! Sounds pretty encouraging. I like the JL because they require half the power of the other brands at the same volume. I don't want to have 4Ga wire and a Cap in order to have some decent bass in my car.

I do listen to rap occasionally. I'll see what the price difference will be for a 12" just for the heck of it.

Thanks.