Sudden Sputtering Issue URGENT!!

Y2K 281

May 26, 2007
Hey guys. So I drove my car to work today about a 20 miles round trip. Car was running fine. I did a oil change and coolant flush 2 days before. I drive to school when all of a sudden the car starts spuddering. Its usually the worst when u get on it and i could here a slight miss out of the exhaust. I did a scan and nothing came up. I have no idea whats going on and could use some help. The car is idling just fine and there doesn't seem to be any obvious electrical plugs detached or messed up. The car is a 2000 GT with just over 60k miles.

I need help asap. This car needs to make a 100 mile trip this weekend. Thanks for the help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a spark issue, more than likely a COP or plug got fouled up.

Spend a half hour looking at your plugs, if one looks fouled up take the corresponding COP out and test that too, not a horrible thing, but it happens..the COP are somewhat more expensive than cap and rotor but your car will feel like new once you fix the COP.

I'd check for water in some of the plug wells. And for a leak in the plastic water crossover if you have not had the intake replaced. Water in plug wells will cause that kind of missing and is not that uncommon.