Suggestion For Rocker Ratio & Cam Selection..with...

KDK1988GT

Founding Member
Jan 7, 2002
Fredericton
Well I'm in the process of building my 331 stroker. I'm thinking about running 1.7 rockers.. what cam should I got with? I know about the custom cam, but what other cams could I go with? I will be running AFR 185 Heads, Cobra Upper Lower, long tubes, 70 throttle body, 75 maf (those will change after cash comes in) My car is a street/strip driven car also, can't be too lumpy :nice:
Thanks alot
Any suggestions would be great :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Keep in mind, the off the shelf stuff out there is designed for 302 cubes. The same cam in 331 cubes is going to act like a 'milder' cam in a 331. Said another way, there's not really anything you can buy out there that's designed with that engine/package in mind. You've got real potential with the 331, afr 185's. I think it would be unwise not to invest a few $ more, and get a professional to help you with your cam selection. Your rocker ratio should be made at the same time cam is selected; with the lift 'designed' into the custom, you can use 1.6's and maintain better valve train geometry. Only one reasonable approach in my opinion - contact Buddy or Ed and let them model that set up. ESPECIALLY for a street car that you want reasonable driving manners with.