Suggestions to gain low-end torque

COBESGT

Oct 19, 2004
Dubuque, Iowa
Look at the signature, lots of bolt-ons but I'm missing some low-end torque (idle - 2700 rpm). Anyone have any proven suggestions on how to gain a little more low-end torque? I already have 3.55's, so going to 3.73's isn't going to make much of a difference for the costs involved. Is there anything else out there available (besides installing a blower or dropping 5K)? Car is a daily driver and not raced so not looking for anything crazy that makes the car unenjoyable to drive.

• Sponsors (?)

Those 20's are probably heavy and are making the car feel more sluggish.
When I bought my car I actually went to a dealer to check out an 06
with a body kit and 20" Bullit wheels. Sitting next to it was my car bone stock
with 17's. I drove both and didnt like the feel of the 20's at all, a noticable
difference.

Forgot to mention that even though 4.10's will not increase your engine's torque, they will increase the torque multiplication factor to the rear wheels. And that will give your car more punch in the lower rpm range.

I figured everyone would say gears, as that's about the only option out there. But changing to 4.10's will make 1st gear pretty much non-exhistent. Maybe I'll just keep saving my money and when I get enough saved I'll just go the SC'd route.

I was going to mention trying an aluminum drive shaft but see you already have one. Other than 4.10's, I guess you could try 3.90's. Some have complained about gear whine but others say they're fine. Without doing gears or possibly trying a different tune with your current mods it looks like adding boost may be your only solution.