Brakes Summit Line Lock

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
Anyone ever had problems with these? I bought one in March of 2012. In May 2012, it started leaking from the housing. Summit was awsome and had a new one to my door in 2 days. They told me they warranty their stuff for three months. Used the new one throughout the summer, then it started to randomly quit working (no noise from solenoid).

This past weekend, it wouldn't work at all. I cleaned the ground, bypassed all the extended wiring and switch, and still nothing. Called Summit, talked to a helpful guy who agreed to replace it again, even though its been 8 months. Can't beat that for customer service. Although, I'm starting to get worried about keeping one of these on my car.

Anyone else have any experience?

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

But what if it fails and locks up and you cant operate brakes all im saying just gotta be safe bro[/quote

I hear ya on that one. They utilize a one way type valve. Even with the lock engage, you can still apply additional brake pressure. My fear would be an internal rupture honestly. But who knows, anythings possible.

Joe

Well, Summit came through and sent me another one, so this makes number three. I installed it, and right away I noticed that the clicking sound didn't seem as loud from the solenoid. I bled the brakes, tried it out, and no go. There is barely any brake pressure. I can just about pull the car forward without any throttle and only letting up on the clutch. So, I bled it again, same result. I checked grounds and power supply, all is good. I tried power braking it, plenty of brake to hold it still. Looks like another bad solenoid. The Summit customer service employee did tell me that they just swapped to a new supplier, but they are a 1 inlet 1 outlet style. I got the last of the old style, 1 inlet 3 outlet. Which was fine by me because this is how I had bent all my lines up. Looks like a Hurst will be getting ordered next paycheck. Oh well...

Joe