Super charged 5.4 swap questions

I candy

Founding Member
May 9, 2001
Honolulu
Here's the deal. there is Harely F150 going up for auction it has a supercharger on it.

first i'd like to know how much i should pay for the engine like this.

the truck's front end is smashed. and it looks like some radiator thing is hanging under the pumper. not sure if its the intercooler

hdf150front.jpg

Shot at 2010-07-24

hdf150engine.jpg

Shot at 2010-07-24

i'll have to buy the whole truck tho. so i probly won't get it but just wanted to know this stuff incase it came up again.

any info would be great. I'd like to throw it into a fox body. If someone buys my bike i'd have the money for it.

• Sponsors (?)

I am sure someone will chime in with the info you need. I have never watched a HI sale on copart, do the cars there bring a kings ransom like the do in the lower 48?

Looks like that might be the trans cooler. Can't tell for sure. It would be best if you could get the whole truck cause then you would have all the little parts you would need for the conversion.

The Lightning is SVT and it is supercharged so it probably comes with upgraded rods and pistons like the 03-04 Cobra did. All 5.4s come with forged steel cranks. The Lightning has around 8.5:1 compression while the F-150 has 9.0:1 compression. The blower on the Lightning is an Eaton blower. I'm pretty sure it is the M112 model.

That is NOT the intercooler, its the heat exchanger. the intercooler is UNDER the supercharger. I would suggest buyin the whole truck also. would be very cool.

The Lightning is SVT and it is supercharged so it probably comes with upgraded rods and pistons like the 03-04 Cobra did. All 5.4s come with forged steel cranks. The Lightning has around 8.5:1 compression while the F-150 has 9.0:1 compression. The blower on the Lightning is an Eaton blower. I'm pretty sure it is the M112 model.

Oh, man wasn't even thinking at the moment. You are right. Heat exchanger in the front bumper.

Forged cranks, the pistons are decent. The rod at JUNK! When you get the motor out, put Manley rods it in. Not sure about the compression ratio, somewhere around 8:5:1.