Supercharged 89 LX???

Sevan

Founding Member
Dec 4, 2001
IL
Hey guys,

Lets see if we can figure this project out. I picked up an Eaton M90 Supercharger off a Ford Supercoupe. My plans are to install the supercharger on my 89 LX 5.0. I have an idea with the intake, where I am going to relocated it to the other side of the car. The only problem that I am running into is the lower manifold. What I was thinking is using a carburator manifold with a little rise so it clears anything in its way, that will fit a 302 block. Does anyone know of a carburator manifold that I can use for this project? I know that Ford went to fuel injection in 1986 and pre 1986 it was carburated. I have a pic of a Saleen M90 that is made for a 89-93 stang, but Saleen has not responded to my email on the lower manifold. I know I have to change my injectors. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Just remember the M90 was made for a 3.8L engine and not the 5.0. I think it would be a waste of time trying to actually put this on. I think someone was going to try it before but then stopped because they saw it would not make the power that they hoped it would.

I'm with him...I'm not sure the specs but I'd imagine if ford used it on the T-bird on the 3.8 it was probalby pretty close to it's designed specs. The 5.0 will flow more air and probaly move this blower out of it's range. I'd try to talk to someone on a T-bird sight and see what they are flowing and what is your max boost you can run with the blower till you lose effiecentcie (sp). If it's only a few lbs over stock then I wouldnt waste my time. Boost is just a reference but still if you can get CFM's messure it to say a Kenne Bell 1.5 and see how it stacks up.