supercharger gas mileage

• Sponsors (?)

boost we actualy incress your moving MPG but traffic will hurt your MPG...but if you tune it right and drive it like a normal car you will get the same mpg as you do now....but most people with a supercharger like to give alittle gas every now and then.

95GTvert[bv12] said:
but most people with a supercharger like to give alittle gas every now and then.
I thought everyone liked to give it a little gas every not and then.

So it is true that a supercharger will improve your gas mileage like driving down the highway and not in stop and go traffic? I figured it would be worse no matter what

stang723 said:
On average how much worse would my gas mileage be with a supercharger added. Running say 10 Ibs. of boost? Cuz im only 16 and i'm wondering if it will be affordable.
You are going to be buying a blower and you are worried about GAS MILEAGE?! :dunno: Go buy a kia! :nonono: lol and for a serious answer....most of my friends who have blowers on their cars get around 10-12 mpg, but they are the kind of bastards who ALWAYS have their foots in it lol.

My car with the stock cam and H/I/Blower got 24 on the freeway. 42 pound inj. Its all in the tune.
My 10 second car with a HUGE cam and 72 psi inj still gets 16-18 on the freeway. In town use is different. I'm always booting it in town.

I have burnt off an entire tank on the freeway a couple times and both times I have got right at 24mpg. That was cruising 70mph, with the ac on, and driving on a road with fairly aggressive grades. If I cruised 65mph on a flat road with no AC I could probably get 25-26mpg. Around town is pretty bad. I probably get no better than 15mpg even when I drive normally.