****SuperCharger - need info****

rcapilli

May 17, 2004
I have an 01 Cobra with 38,000 miles on it. I am entertaining the idea of installing a supercharger, vortex. I spoke to a guy that I work with who has a saleen and he installed a Vortex sometime ago. He told me that he put it in himself and it wasn't that bad. He said all the typical things like "great power", "Fun, Fun, Fun" etc.. Well, then he told my girlfriend that all in all he did not think it was totally worth it... that it was too much power and there was always something that needed to be done. Perhaps the tuning is not exactly right on his car... I donno, and that is why I am writing this thread. I am having someone else install the supercharger (Modular Powerhouse, GA) who has done this a million times and is sure to get it right. So is a supercharger worth it? This car is my only source of transpertation so will I have little issues all the time onc the supercharger is installed or is it pretty maintainance free once there? Would like to hear your experiences and opinions. Please be honest. Thanks everyone.

• Sponsors (?)