Supercharger PowerDyne ... ???

Has anyone heard anything about how good of a supercharger these are? Or know of a car with this in his combo.?

I'd like a lil info. i went to the website and you can get 6 or 9 psi..kits.... deal is a have a chance to buy a complete kit, unknowing of which it is 6 or 9 for a pretty good price. i'm pretty sure i can get the guy down to $600 maybe $500 even!!!

any input, thoughts, or advice would be much appreciated! :)

• Sponsors (?)

I know they've had problems with belts breaking in the past. That's the biggest complaint I've heard about them. They're also inefficient, but 6lbs or 9lbs is pretty much the same no matter what type of centrifugal is sending it into the engine. It just might be hotter due to the inefficiency.

They are the bottom rung of the centrifugal superchargers. The almost never make their advertised boost levels and their customer service stinks. I was looking at buying a used one but after spending two days trying to get ahold of someone to get part numbers for the parts that were missing I gave up. If you know for a fact that the supercharger is in good shape and has all the hardware I would buy it because of the price but do your self a favor and ditch the FMU install injectors maf and get it tuned. Their FMU's suck as do their installation instructions. The stock internal belts are known for breaking so if you ever need to rebuild it send it to 928 motorsports because they have better bearings belts and impellers available for powerdynes than powerdyne does.The impeller they make will alo up the boost levels and will be more effiecent than the stock one.

oh, and how am i going to decide which injectors to bump to?? would there be a formula i need to get of how much extra air i'm pushin to decide how much fuel??

p.s. i already upgraded to 24lbs ers and an adj. fuel pressure regulator

any thoughts there while i'm lookinn for more info on the sub. would be greeat

As stated, they are the smallest superchargers out. But for the price, that is a good deal. I've had mine, pullied for 9 lbs for 2.5 years with no problems. They do not make the boost pullied for, 9 lb pullie I only made 5-6 psi on the dyno, I have a Cobra, better breathing heads and intake is the reason for the lower number of boost. For me, I have not regretted it. Using the stock motor I did not want to get crazy on the boost or HP. Do I wish I had a Vortec, yes, but I'm happy with it. I put down 345 rwhp and 345 rwtq, added 90 rwhp to the car. Added 1 second to the 1\4 mile time, from 13.9 @ 98 to 12.9 at 107 mph. Powerdynes have a bad wrap. They are a street blower and from my research, it is sticky tires and lots of track that does them in.