Supercharger question

89five0

Nov 28, 2003
I have a 89 gt and i currently have the following mods: BBk CAI, BBk shorty headers,matching h-pipe w/cats, and american thunder flows,and short throw shifter. NOW i was wondering would it be alright to run SC on this car with the stock heads,cam,intake,bottom end, etc. What SC do you reccomend? What is all needed for it to run properly? How will it work on daily driven car? What will the MPG be?
sorry for all the questions but really interested...
Trey

• Sponsors (?)

89five0 said:
I have a 89 gt and i currently have the following mods: BBk CAI, BBk shorty headers,matching h-pipe w/cats, and american thunder flows,and short throw shifter. NOW i was wondering would it be alright to run SC on this car with the stock heads,cam,intake,bottom end, etc. What SC do you reccomend? What is all needed for it to run properly? How will it work on daily driven car? What will the MPG be?
Trey

Hey Trey...

How many miles you got on it, any leaks, what is your compression (do a compression test to find out...) if all is good it will be perfectly fine...

I would get the SC trim (upgradable and $1500 bucks or so) and with a safe tune with 6psi it would be fine...your going to need bigger injectors...maybe 30's or 36's...you won't really notice the supercharger on it until you punch it :nice: ...your gas mileage should stay about the same if you keep your foot out of it...now we all know how hard that is :D

Good Luck,
David

89five0 said:
Trey
That's how mine started out. Bone stock w/ a Procharger P-1SC 9lb boost and 3 core intercooler. Put it on the end of last year so not much driving time yet. Have to move up to 30 lb injectors (ATI doesn't tell you this) bigger mass air flow, and who knows what else. Prochargers tech line leaves a lot to be desired. It was a lot of work to install but other than that sofar it seems ok. You will need to spend alot more making it run right on top of the kit from ATI. :mad:

5spd GT said:
Hey Trey...

How many miles you got on it, any leaks, what is your compression (do a compression test to find out...) if all is good it will be perfectly fine...

I would get the SC trim (upgradable and $1500 bucks or so) and with a safe tune with 6psi it would be fine...your going to need bigger injectors...maybe 30's or 36's...you won't really notice the supercharger on it until you punch it :nice: ...your gas mileage should stay about the same if you keep your foot out of it...now we all know how hard that is :D

Good Luck,
David

No leakes, dont know about the compression, and it has about 125,000 miles, but still runs like a raped ape, so i i put th SC on i wont notice a difference say like 20 and steppin on it? thanks

89five0 said:
No leakes, dont know about the compression, and it has about 125,000 miles, but still runs like a raped ape, so i i put th SC on i wont notice a difference say like 20 and steppin on it? thanks

Well when you punch your going to use more fuel than when you did when you were N/A...but just "average driving" you shouldn't notice much of a difference if at all...

Get ready to get some Drag Radials :nice:

David

PRO50SC said:
That's how mine started out. Bone stock w/ a Procharger P-1SC 9lb boost and 3 core intercooler. Put it on the end of last year so not much driving time yet. Have to move up to 30 lb injectors (ATI doesn't tell you this) bigger mass air flow, and who knows what else. Prochargers tech line leaves a lot to be desired. It was a lot of work to install but other than that sofar it seems ok. You will need to spend alot more making it run right on top of the kit from ATI.

I was thinking about a procharger kit from ATI...should I stay away from them or was it all worth it after you spent the extra money and all the work?