supercharger question

showstopper2 said:
mogs01gt,

are you allowed to make such comments on this site about the KB and not be banned?? blasphemy I tell ya!!!

I am also a Centri supporter for basically the same reasons. the KB just seems to be hard on internals making all its power early. they make impressive numbers but I have not yet seen anyone run True Street with a KB GT and have often wondered why?? maybe heatsoak is an issue they don't care to talk about?? or is it there are downsides to the almighty KB as well as the upsides and they can't admit it??

as a Centri sidenote my car has made over 400rwhp and 400tq hot and cold on the dyno. I have made a true street style back to back to back dyno pull and it never dipped below that mark on either side. my car is very repeatable hot or cold which is really nice to know come track day.

just to be clear Centri's have their own upsides and downsides as well. they just seem to work better for what I want to do now and in the future.

my buddy has an '02 convertible with just the KB S/C and injectors. The car has about 415rwhp and about 500 some odd rwtq. For a daily driven mustang... and a sleeper no less... he has 20k on the blower, 60k on the car and it still drives reliable getting 15-18 mpg on the street and 22-25 mpg on the freeway because he did not change his gears. If you do not want to get taller gears get the KB. If you want taller gears get a Centrifugal with a cam and other modular tunes to get similar numbers. Trust me though... the KB by itself still smokes 04 zo6's. Im assuming this car does around mid 12's to high 12's depending on driver. I drove it, and it blew me away. I had a 5.0 with every modular mod you could do with tall gears and couldn't smoke him. I probably wont go back to the 5.0 motor now.

• Sponsors (?)