Supercharger Questions

leroy93lx

Jun 24, 2007
Indiana
Looking to buy a supercharger. What is everyones opinion of sealed,self lubricated head units vs. one that must tap into the engines oiling system? What are the advantages and disadvantages? going for 8-12psi preferably:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

it really depends on what your doing with the car. youll here a lot of powerdyne bashing, but i think thats because people try to put them past their limits. i wouldnt mind having one set around 6-8lbs on a daily driven efi fox.
but for higher HP applications id go with a paxton or vortech

I like my oil fed Vortech just for the fact that the engine oil lubricates the supercharger so when I change my oil, they both get changed.

I wouldnt mind either though, less lines = cleaner engine bay.

I'm with him. Self-sealed all the way. No engine contaminates into the blower no matter what might go wrong with the motor. The other thing is that the blower doesn't take whole lot of oil so you can put the super high dollar synthetic crap like Royal Purple or Redline in there. In my case, I use a higher viscocity oil in my blower. I use 20-50 straight synthetic in the blower and 10-30 or 5-30 in the motor depending on time of year.