Surface Rust On Brake Rotors

cdurbin

5 Year Member
Jul 27, 2012
North Charleston, SC
How do I get rid of surface rust on my disc brake rotors? I detailed the crap out my LX yesterday, even pulled the wheels and repainted my calipers. Everything looks nice a sharp except for the rotors. It looks like crap to me.

• Sponsors (?)

Zinc plated rotors will stay looking pretty. If you're talking about the pad surface area, nothing you can do but actually drive the car to keep them nice...like the others said.

This is what I'm talking about.
Wheel2.jpg
Wheel1.jpg

You can *try* high temp rotor paint, but it usually won't last more than a couple months if you drive the car everyday. Zinc rotors are your best bet to keep the brakes looking squeaky clean all the time. Not a cheap option though.

If I remember correctly, the rotor in this picture was a year old and had about 1k miles on it when the picture was taken.
DSCN1555.jpg

You can *try* high temp rotor paint, but it usually won't last more than a couple months if you drive the car everyday. Zinc rotors are your best bet to keep the brakes looking squeaky clean all the time. Not a cheap option though.

I may try the paint for now. The local Mustang Club is having a car show the first part of November and I planned on entering.
I would like for it to look better than that crap.
Thanks

If I remember correctly, the rotor in this picture was a year old and had about 1k miles on it when the picture was taken.
DSCN1555.jpg

Wow, looks pretty damn sharp to me.
Did you pull them off to paint them or leave on and mask off?