suspension help for mustang noob

Scott5586

Aug 15, 2005
hey everyone, i just picked up a 98 mustang gt(the car of my dreams) i previously owned a nissan 240sx which is another rwd car but doesnt have nearly the power or touqe. the best mod i ever did to the 240 would have to be the suspension which was a complete coil-over setup. i been doin a lil research and i decided i would go with some lowering springs instead of a coilover set up for the mustang. the springs i like are the elbach sportlines cuz it says it lowers more then the pro-kit, so what i need to know is there anything else i need to do when lowerin the stang.

thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

Scott5586 said:
hey everyone, i just picked up a 98 mustang gt(the car of my dreams) i previously owned a nissan 240sx which is another rwd car but doesnt have nearly the power or touqe. the best mod i ever did to the 240 would have to be the suspension which was a complete coil-over setup. i been doin a lil research and i decided i would go with some lowering springs instead of a coilover set up for the mustang. the springs i like are the elbach sportlines cuz it says it lowers more then the pro-kit, so what i need to know is there anything else i need to do when lowerin the stang.

thanks for any help

Go with H&R supersports, the quality is better than eibach.
do struts and shocks
caster camber adjustment plates
offset rack bushings

these are the main things to make your lowered suspension very driveable and refined, along with handling.

1fast03pony said:
Go with H&R supersports, the quality is better than eibach.
do struts and shocks
caster camber adjustment plates
offset rack bushings

these are the main things to make your lowered suspension very driveable and refined, along with handling.
1: supersports take you out of ideal geometry, and kill ride quality. Lowering more than an Inch only improves looks, not performance
2. Center drilled alum bushings are MUCH better than offset poly bushings.
If your on a budget, or plan on only using the car on the street/minimal track look at the frpp handling kit, if not look at the Maximum Moptorsports starter box which is a good foundation for a track car.
Infact the only two companies I would use(besides ford) are Maximum Motorsports or Griggs.
3. Full length suframe connectors( Maximum Motorsports XL) in my opinion are a must too