suspension install question

tims 86

Apr 19, 2009
pittsburgh,pa
ok this might be a dumb question by im just checking myself. im doing a front sn95 conversion on my 87gt. i have upr caster camber plates and strange struts. the plates have the sypherical ball in them were the strut goes thru. my question is- is the strut supposed to be tight in the ball the whole way through? or only on the bottom were the spacer is? also the struts didnt come with the top nut??? wtf that was miserable to find a metric m16-2.0

• Sponsors (?)

ok this might be a dumb question by im just checking myself. im doing a front sn95 conversion on my 87gt. i have upr caster camber plates and strange struts. the plates have the sypherical ball in them were the strut goes thru. my question is- is the strut supposed to be tight in the ball the whole way through? or only on the bottom were the spacer is? also the struts didnt come with the top nut??? wtf that was miserable to find a metric m16-2.0

I believe there are stepped spacers included in the cc-plate packaging which center the strut shaft in the cc-plate. Also, the factory strut nut should work with the Strange strut and UPR cc plate. Please let me know if you have any other questions, or you can call us at 561.588.6630.

Thanks.

ok that answered my question then. the spacer on the bottom is spaced to center the strut in the middle. so the top spacer rides right on the bearing? then the nut?.. the nuts that were on the kyb struts i am replacing dont fit the strange ones. only took about a half tank of gas and 6 stores to find the right one..:(