Suspension install

gdear66

Jan 1, 2004
Memphis, TN
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but plan on being around a while. I have a question for you all.

I just bought the MRT suspension package: springs, shocks, struts and I was wanting to install this myself. I do not have the luxury of a lift and I was wondering if anyone else has tackled this job in their driveway. Is it possible? If you have, can you recommend any specific tools I might need, pitfalls to watch out for, etc?

Maybe I'm nuts but I hate the thought of buying parts for my car then having to pay someone else to do the work for me.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You should be able to do the work yourself. I think there is a "how to" over on the MustangWorld site but you shouldn't have trouble finding numerous examples of how to pull this off. The Haynes manual helped me a lot. Just BE CAREFUL at all times, use jack stands, etc. The one thing that helped me the most was an air gun and associated sockets. This is work that requires breaking loose nuts that have high torque specs and you've got to get them off somehow. Then, a torque wrench going back on will help. Finally, a can of PB Blaster is good to have for the really stubborn stuff. Oh yes, lots and lots of hand cleaner. Plan to take more time than everybody says and have a back up car in case you can't finish by dark. Let us know how it goes.