Suspension questions Mach1 or Bullitt for Fox Stang....

93 LX

Founding Member
Jun 2, 2000
Norwalk, CA.
PPI sells these and claims they are upgrades for the Fox stang.. what do you think?

This... Bullitt front and rear strut, shock and spring set, these are a fantastic and economical suspension upgrade!, limited quantity, perfect for 1987-04 Mustangs!, new..." $599.99 http://www.performancepartsinc.com/images/bullittsus.jpg

Or this.."Mach 1 front and rear strut, shock and spring set, these are a fantastic and economical suspension upgrade!, perfect for 1987-04 Mustangs!, new..." %589.99

Thanks..

• Sponsors (?)

They are an upgrade for handling! IMHO, those are "the best and safest" handling upgrades.

Note: In reality, there are trade-offs! In this case, the qtr mile times will be a little less. And, the harsh GT ride will become even more harsh! :)

So, in summary:
o Better handling
o Slightly less qtr mile times
o Harsher ride.

Also, you'll loose tire clearance! And, you should get an MM bumpsteer kit! Also, you'll likely need an MM CC plate. So, for better handling, add ~$300 -> $350 for the those parts, and another ?$70? for the alignment.

Yup, adds up quick. :)

With my 245's on the front, sn95 spindles, and '86 front fenders, I can not lower my car much. So, I used the Steeda front spring spacers.
Mustang 86 - Mach1 Springs

The Steeda spacers raise the front ~0.40" -> 0.45".

Well here is what I will be installing them on.

93 LX thats lowered from the 1st owner by cutting the springs. I installed "onion head" camber caster plates from a 82 Mustang. I am lowered to the point that the top of the tire is at the botton of the front fender opening. I am running ponys with 245/55/16 Hancook Ventus 2. The shocks and struts are koni's but I need new front struts. They are leaking at the top and the rebuild cost as much as new ones.

I am sure this will raise the car which is what I want in the long run.... so with this added information what do you think?

How did you install cc plates from an 82 Mustang on a 93 LX? The bolt pattern is different between those two cars. I tried putting new ones in my 81 and they wouldn't work, I had to use the originals.

I dont know I installed the onion heads but removing the all of the 93 stuff and then just bolting up the onion head stuff off of the pre 85 mustang. I am not sure if it was a 82 however the build date was late in 82. the car was just a chassis so I didnt have anything to tell what year it was so maybe it was an 83...

I also have the '01 bullitt springs. The car handles way better, and yes the ride is a little stiffer but not horrible and I wouldn't change a thing. I actually got mine from steve @ tousley ford, the mach & bullitt springs & struts can still be had from ford. I just pulled my slip out from them, I paid $210 for the 4 springs about $47 cheaper than PPI. The spring part #'s are 1R3Z*5560*AA (rears) & 1R3Z*5310*CA ( front), I researched the #'s on the bullitt website and these are the real bullitt spring #'s. I would give Tousley a call for the heck of it and get a price, ask for steve and tell him you are a mustang club member and he will take good care of you. I have done business with them for over 5yrs, great people. I'm not knocking PPI either I have used them also but if you can save some cash go for it.