Suspension Questions...Yes another of these

I thinking of doing a set up for the strip/street nothing fancy, something cheap. I already have some 4cyl springs :D and I'm looking into struts, 90/10, 70/30, or tokico drag race adjustable.

The thing with the tokicos is that they have two different ones, one for normal and another for lowered cars. How low has the car have to be in order for the normal height struts to not work. These may sound dumb to some one you, but I have never lowered my car (I dont mine that 4x4 look :rolleyes: ) but since the 4cyl will probably be cut something like a 1/2 coil that is my concern with length of the strut. Any advice guys/gals, Thanks :D

• Sponsors (?)

Im not sure what your asking, but I went pretty cheap and my setup still cost close to a grand with installation.

Tociko Mach 1 struts and shocks
Eibach prokit springs 1.5 1.75" drop
Steeda camber plates

Sounds to me that you found some tokico oem replacements (about the same as monro) If you're going to lower at all, you need to get struts made for that. Course I had no idea that the struts came in two different sizes.

Also I think you are talking about rates not sizes. Rates from hard to soft, progressive ect ect

PEWTERPONY said:
Sounds to me that you found some tokico oem replacements (about the same as monro) If you're going to lower at all, you need to get struts made for that. Course I had no idea that the struts came in two different sizes.

Also I think you are talking about rates not sizes. Rates from hard to soft, progressive ect ect
My set up is going to be a strip/street, weight transfering is the big issue. I'm trying to put together (leaning more toward drag racing) a stip/street suspension. The thing is that I dont know the difference between the "normal height" and the "lowered height" of the struts. These are Tokico 5-way adjustable drag racing struts.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/tokico.asp

the 4x4 height of the SN95's from the factory means that the shock/strut are longer.

when lowering the car, use the shorter ones, either lowered SN95, or fox body shocks and struts. If you use the long ones they'll be partially compressed all the time