Suspension Questions...

88LSC

Oct 26, 2014
New Hampshire
So, as by my "handle" 88LSC, I dont quite own a mustang per say... lol I plan on making it a fairly capable street sleeper. I just scooped it up 11days ago bone stock, 90xxx miles, new AOD trans, $2200. :)

Anyway, my question is how similar are the platforms? I know the link is 1" wider but is that just on the body? I was reading through an axle swap thread on here and noticed some had issues with the overall width being too wide due to the ABS rings. The housings are the same tho. How similar are the shocks? Swaybars? K-member? The link is a bit longer too so cat-back exhaust would be different but thats no biggie, custom bent systems are always better. I know the motor is identical, aswell as the engine bay for that matter.

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet! It has a bit of "chatter" as you could call it from up front too. I was wanting to replace the whole control arm soon. While I'm there might as well address the swaybar and shocks ya know. Ty for your info!

Are the UCA's so much longer it cant be compensated by a set of adjustable arms?

Ok, no such thing as a stupid question... just to be sure the "sn95" is the '95 gt 5.0 correct?
94 is when sn95 began. 94-95 cars were the same... spindles and brakes swapped relatively easy into foxes. 96 cars changed with the intro of the 4.6. Different k member and geometry.

SN 95 was Ford's designation code for that mustang. It was used up until 98. 99-04 cars were "new edge sn95"

@MFE92 , I plan to keep the factory air ride for a while and CHE(?) sells a set of lca's for the mkvii to keep the air springs. Later on I will do an aftermarket setup with probably accuair e-level.

And thank you to all for the info!! When I get the ball rolling and start doing all of this ill start a build thread.

A little easier to be had is a 90-96 thunderbird. I had a 90model. The biggest downfall is the gear set. Mine was 3.08... but the dohc4.6 i swapped in took care of that. Lol when going IRS keep in mind the cost of maintenance. I dumped close to a grand within a couple years just on replacing bushings...