Suspension Upgrades

Benz510

Feb 19, 2016
Oakland California
How's it going all. Just bought an 89 Mustang GT. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to the suspension to make it ride as comfortable as the car should. I know there's some wear and tear on the suspension but i would just like to know everyone's opinions on what should be done first. Struts/shocks.. etc?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I would focus on everything said above. New sway bar end links, ball joints, shocks, control arm bushings front/rear, and at minimum front springs.

Reactions: 1 user
And if replacing rear controll arm bushings I'd just buy some controll arms anyway. What type of driving do you plan on with car? Daily/nice day driver? Street/strip? Give us some info and we can recommend parts etc.

And if replacing rear controll arm bushings I'd just buy some controll arms anyway. What type of driving do you plan on with car? Daily/nice day driver? Street/strip? Give us some info and we can recommend parts etc.
I would do daily driven but would like to "get on it" here and there. Definitely not going to baby it. Not muchnof A track guy but i do play around.

Yup. Super tight and responsive. There is a good bit of NHV over stock rubber, but the car will feel and perform exactly as you would expect it to.

Reactions: 1 users
Yup. Super tight and responsive. There is a good bit of NHV over stock rubber, but the car will feel and perform exactly as you would expect it to.
I have only driven the car a few times as I'm letting it sit for a little so i can work on it. I notice when i punch the gas the car tends to vibrate. My thoughts were that the original suspension especially the bushings on everything are worn. Also thinking of replacing the motor mounts for the hell of it. Would you guys think this would make a huge difference to solve the problem?

Definitely replace the motor mounts. The stock ones will have surely deteriorated by now. The engine will have all kinds of extra movement especially under throttle.

I'd do both trans and motor mounts. Frame connectors make a big difference. I personally have never ran a k member brace. I think I still have some new stock replacement controll arms in the garage. if you're interested.

I'd do both trans and motor mounts. Frame connectors make a big difference. I personally have never ran a k member brace. I think I still have some new stock replacement controll arms in the garage. if you're interested.
I'm leaning towards getting the energy suspension kit so i think i'll just go with what i have on the car already. I appreciate it.

My car is just a street car and I went with the following parts

Moog ball joints
Prothane front control arm bushings
Prothane poly isos
Prothane sway bar bushings and endlinks
2001 Bullitt springs
Tokico blue shocks and struts
MM cc plates

I haven't upgraded the rear control arms yet but am leaving towards J&M uppers and MM lowers.

If I would change one it would be the springs.
In hindsight I would probably go with Steeda sport springs or Eibach pro kit.

image.jpeg
Replace the rear spring isolators while you are at it, Prothane makes them as well. Your old ones probably looked like the ones I had.