SVE Lower Control Arms

Hi All,

Been slowly working on upgrading my 91's suspension over the last few months since most of it is original. Started on the rear since I swapped in Weld 15 x 8's with BFG Drag Radials over the Summer and had some clearance issues.

I cut the tailpipes and removed the cat-back in preparation for Flowmaster dumps. Removed the sway bar, springs, and now have the passenger lower control arm out. Was trying to install the SVE lower arm and both the axle mount and body mount are really tight and I'm having trouble getting everything lined up for the new bolts. Feels like if I continue to force it I'll do some damage to the bushings.

Anyone else have this problem? Appreciate any tips or if there's a tool I can use to expand the mount areas a little for better clearance. After lowers are done I'm moving on to the uppers with new bushings. Planning to order an Eibach Pro Kit for the remainder of the upgrade.

• Sponsors (?)

The mounting brackets on the axles will bend and conform to some extent. I had a hard time getting my bbk lc arms back in after removing the rear axle once. I used a crow bar and very gently pried the mounting tabs, just a little. When you get the bolts back in and tighten them up, they will suck the mounting tabs back in. Joe

Thanks for all the tips so far. Also spoke with Jay at LMR. Tried again this afternoon and got the body mount holes lined up to get the bolt through. Still having some issues with the axle mount end but have a few ideas to try tomorrow.

You've been missing sir.

yes sir. weve got this grudge deal going with a buddy who has a backhalf mazda. he is building a 572 bbc (probably because his 496 only went low 10s) with some brodix 2x heads, alcohol, a sheet tunnel ram and mech injection. we are putting together a stock block 410" windsor with some old cleveland 4v closed chambers and a single 4150. we are going to run him heads up motor to motor so we have been spending a lot of time working on it (and drinking) because we are not planning on losing. :)

Happy Holidays!