SVE?

Zeal69

Oct 31, 2019
Mass
As I continue to learn, the questions will seem less confusing. I have a 86 foxbody lx, 302 automatic. Two questions, the first on "SVE' special vehicle equipment are the parts compatible with said vehicle, is it just a fancy name? Also, I am planning on changing the stock TB to a 70mm with the spacer does the intake manifold also have to be changed or is the stock still fine? I have read that some people port the hole but is there really any air obstruction with it going in from small to big?

• Sponsors (?)

If your talking about the “SVE” stuff that LMR sells..... its like going to Wally World, and buying the “Equate” brand instead of buying name brand.
Cosmetic and appearance items, I’d say you can maybe get by with SVE. Anything mechanical, I would spend a little more on quality name brand parts.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
You need a plan. And some research on what parts to start with, combinations that work for what you want the car to do. Bigger is not better. Like adding the bigger tb, not going to get you anything more. JMO

SVE is Late Models House Brand. A 70mm tb on a stock intake is a waste, it wont hurt it but its way more throttle body then the intake will flow. What are your goals and plans for the car? Its very easy to fall down the rabbit hole and for things to get out of control. These cars are fun and cheap to mess with until you decide you want to make xxx amount of power and realize how much money has to be spent to do it correctly.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
SVE is Late Models House Brand.
A 70mm tb on a stock intake is a waist it wont hurt it but its way more throttle body then the intake will flow.
What are your goals and plans for the car? Its very easy to fall down the rabbit hole and for things to get out of control. These cars are fun and cheap to mess with until you decide you want to make xxx amount of power and realize how much money has to be spent to do it correctly.

No,....this is a “waist”.
waist-size1-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
SVE is Late Models House Brand. A 70mm tb on a stock intake is a waste, it wont hurt it but its way more throttle body then the intake will flow. What are your goals and plans for the car? Its very easy to fall down the rabbit hole and for things to get out of control. These cars are fun and cheap to mess with until you decide you want to make xxx amount of power and realize how much money has to be spent to do it correctly.

The challenge is my learning curve. All I want at this point is a little speed off the takeoff as well as a little roar from the exhaust. So my thoughts are either flowmasters 44 with double chambers or the Borlas xr1 ( heard 2 1/2 inch are best) not sure x or h pipe. Air intake, but do I install the whole system from TB down or just add a K&N filter at the end of stock air intake?

I have the 2 chamber 44 Flows, h-pipe, no cats. I love the sound, but can be a little loud for some.
I have a BBK air intake, only because it was there when I bought car. The consensus on here will be the stock setup, silencer removed, with a K&N filter is just as good, if not better than the aftermarket air inlets.

Reactions: 1 users
Leave the stock intake tube and the filter panel box . Remove the silencer in the fender if it’s still there . The stock stuff actually takes in cold air while sealing the stock filter off from the engine compartment .

XR1 is a nicemuffler . Pricey but really nice .Flowmaster while sounding good are some of the worstflowing mufflers out there . Dynomax ultra flows are great for the money too . I prefer the more race sound of an x pipe personally .

if you’re dead set on doing the throttle body I would grab a 65 for the stock intake manifold . If you have plans of a head cam and intake swap then wait and buy something matched towhat you would be picking up .

Personally I’d address the suspension . Get it all in order car sitting right . 5 lug swap so it actually stops like a newer car does . Fix any odds and ends . Full length subframe connectors . Gears . Gears will make a HUGE difference if they have not been changed yet .

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
The sve brand from lmr and sr performance from AM have never given me any issues. Ran an sr 75mm throttle body for years without a problem, as well as 2 of their radiators. Currently have a sve aluminum radiator and it works well.

FYI, you can find tons of used throttle bodies out there. There’s always somebody upgrading to a bigger one and looking to sell their old one.

Reactions: 1 user
Get a BBK throttle body. They whistle at idle to tell you the IAC valve is working. :)
It’s due to sharp edge passages in there, a Dremel tool can fix that in BBK’s and inexpensive copies. And by that, I’d include SVE. SVO was Ford’s name they are leaning on with their house brand name. If you do not exceed the power rating on their control arms, I’d consider their parts if it better fits your budget. China can make as good of parts as you want to pay for, and they seem like a good company.