svo hood

• Sponsors (?)

You'll have to find one on an svo specific site if you want a steel unit. Nobody makes a new steel svo hood.

Otherwise for the cost of $389 +shipping, Go to www.hofibertrends.com and look under the Capri and Misc section. It's a fiberglass replacement hood...very high quality at that.

Stinger

you know theres a bazillion hoods scoops that you can put on your stock hood. if you cut up an SVO for the scoop, you are a truly bad man. plus the scoop is part of the hood, and molded in, its not something that is just stuck on. its actually part of the hood.

jman_b13 said:
you know theres a bazillion hoods scoops that you can put on your stock hood. if you cut up an SVO for the scoop, you are a truly bad man. plus the scoop is part of the hood, and molded in, its not something that is just stuck on. its actually part of the hood.

Someone should also explain that foward mounted scoops that far forward on the hood don't do anything anyway. Nascar doesn't use a hood scoop. "Cowl Induction" is an overused term since nobody ever hooks the cowl up. Nascar uses the entire cowl(windshield base) base the air enters the engine from the rear.

You should invest in a 93 cobra R and cut that all to pieces. Thats a better car anyway because it had a 302. :rolleyes:

Yay i know i woulded want to cut a real svo hood up unless it was absolutley junk that was going to get smashed anyway and i dont know it stil might bringa tear to my eye when the saw was going through it.

Look, ****-gobbler, you asked a question to which several people posted useful and constructive answers. If you can't deal with reality, STFU.
You're better off grafting a NACA duct instead of chopping rare and valued SVO parts.

Merry Christmas. :)

Yes, ok im a ************-gobbler and im just thinkin of all the diffrent things i could put in that spot, but yes.............. i am a ass becuase they want me to get my ass kicked my a bunch of SVO obbsesive people, yes..........

styr308 said:
Does anyone know where i can get a 1986 svo hood?

What kind of car are you grafting/putting the hood on? Honestly you're probably better off just using a SVO-like aftermarket hood for what you want. It will probably be cheaper in the long run. Also, consider checking out the fiberglass hood already mentioned as you won't have to worry about cancer down the road. Just trying to give you some additional ideas instead of cutting up a SVO hood that someone who has an SVO could make better use of.

Yay i know the cooler the air is the more horsepower that you can push and i was going to just buy a fiberglass one but i was looking at it and i hav a diffrent front end than the svo so the hood woulded fit it (this is a custom made car)