SVO, Roush or CDC Side Exhaust

D-BOI

Mar 26, 2009
Metro Detro
Does anyone have them if so what do you think about them? I love the way they look just haven't heard a mustang with side exhaust in person, if anyone has any pics please post them up here. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

YouTube - Mustang GT Side exit pipes exhaust

This is CobraRed_96_GT.

I ran side pipes on my 1998 car. I used thin flowmaster mufflers(not sure if they make them anymore) and had a mustang shop custom fit y pipes with dual tips on each side. There are also some mufflers that you can buy that have the inlet and outlet on the same side, so that you can keep your mufflers in the stock spot. However, I don't think this is the best thing for power, as the exhaust has to bend quite a few times.

sideexhaust6.jpg

sideexhaust3.jpg

exhaust6.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

I had a Roush Stage 3 kit and side exhaust on my first stang, 2000 GT. I got MagnaPacks and custom bent my exhaust. Sounded awesome, MagnaPacks sound great with side exhaust.

yea thats what my buddies were saying yesterday that for the 94-98 they made this cover for the gas tank and the sorrounding area so it didnt look weird once the exhaust was removed. i love the way the svo side skirts with the exhaust look on the 94-98

the only thing about side exhaust that i dont like, and is the reason i didn't do it, is the fact that if you have it you can't have subframe connectors. on a vert that is a huge disadvantage IMO. it made a night and day difference in the ride quality and handling and to not have that would suck. just think about that if you haven't already. they are sweet though and if i didn't own a vert i may have gone with them. :shrug:

the only thing about side exhaust that i dont like, and is the reason i didn't do it, is the fact that if you have it you can't have subframe connectors. on a vert that is a huge disadvantage IMO. it made a night and day difference in the ride quality and handling and to not have that would suck. just think about that if you haven't already. they are sweet though and if i didn't own a vert i may have gone with them. :shrug:

Spintech makes SFC's for side exhaust , I have a pair sitting under my bed. I know it works with Roush/Spintech and Steeda style exhaust but if you have a custom bent setup you would have to modify them.

Is there no way that a pipe that has exactly one bend like an L, be installed. Just curious!

You don't have to to even have a 90 degree bend, if I remember correctly. On my car, I would guess that it was a 30-50 degree bend strait after the H pipe. The flowmasters I ran were about half as tall in terms of height, but the overall size was similar. The inlet and outlet were on different sides. So the mufflers were relocated. I'm sure a small bullet style muffler would do the same thing. You just really have to worry about scraping, as mine would still scrape a bit. If you keep the mufflers in the stock space, you have to run a muffler with the inlet and outlet on the same side to make the bend.