Swapping A 440 Mopar Into A Foxbody?

jk294

Apr 12, 2009
northern Indiana
So, I have my 88 LX 5.0 that's been sitting for a couple of years since I blew up the trans and wasted the engine(long story). And I've really been itching to get her back up and running. Well, I also just so happen to have a Mopar 440 with a matching auto trans bolted up to it that's just sitting around and looking pretty.

Are there any engine mounts that are out there that'll work for this? I'm honestly kind of curious to see if this will work. I think it would be something interesting.

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Interesting....likely. Hugely time consuming and very expensive.....most definitely.

yeah and there are better engines out there too. Sell the 440 and get a $500 rusted out Silverado and do a LS swap. 302 or 351 with C4 isn't that expensive or rare either. Not sure if a Mopar 440 would be worth it, would be funny to see a Hemi fox though lol

I Have two 302's laying around. one in pieces(will eventually become a 331) and the other assembled(albeit a stock 84 engine but it still runs). I just don't have a working transmission. and I'd like to keep it a manual for the ford engines.

The 440 swap was just something that I thought was kinda interesting and would be kinda funish to do. C4 transmissions are not that easy or cheap to come by in my neck of the woods. Anything ford related for that matter actually. And when I do find a c4, its a core only and then I have to drop a couple hundred to rebuild it. So, the price difference between that and cobbling together a working T5 isn't that big. Probably looking at the same price either way, versus I have a 440 and 727 that only needs the carb rebuilt.

I Have two 302's laying around. one in pieces(will eventually become a 331) and the other assembled(albeit a stock 84 engine but it still runs). I just don't have a working transmission. and I'd like to keep it a manual for the ford engines.

The 440 swap was just something that I thought was kinda interesting and would be kinda funish to do. C4 transmissions are not that easy or cheap to come by in my neck of the woods. Anything ford related for that matter actually. And when I do find a c4, its a core only and then I have to drop a couple hundred to rebuild it. So, the price difference between that and cobbling together a working T5 isn't that big. Probably looking at the same price either way, versus I have a 440 and 727 that only needs the carb rebuilt.

The 440 is good engine but I'd have to say that it's not worth the cost/effort. A hemi, sure, but a 440 is still kinda generic. There are much easier swaps available. Sell the 440 and get a better swap.