Fox Swapping Foxes

Strut towers need welded and one rear wheel well lip needs patched other than that clean. See that ford racing aluminum shaft. Guy didn't know it was under there till we pulled motor and he let me keep it. Running side exhaust as well just for looks. The motor is clean. It was owned by an elderly man as a Sunday driver got in a rear end collision had to scrap it. Spicer here in town sold me motor if I pulled it. Sold all the accessories off it like heads intake front stuff and starter for 150. And I got some black 2000 era leather gt seats for my stock 88 interior.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Strut towers need welded and one rear wheel well lip needs patched other than that clean. See that ford racing aluminum shaft. Guy didn't know it was under there till we pulled motor and he let me keep it. Running side exhaust as well just for looks. The motor is clean. It was owned by an elderly man as a Sunday driver got in a rear end collision had to scrap it. Spicer here in town sold me motor if I pulled it. Sold all the accessories off it like heads intake front stuff and starter for 150. And I got some black 2000 era leather gt seats for my stock 88 interior.

20160716_210443.jpg
20160716_210432.jpg
20160716_210452.jpg
20160716_210415.jpg
20160716_210404.jpg
20160716_210331.jpg
20160716_210323.jpg
20160716_210352.jpg
There you go brother, now just throw it all together!

Yes sir.. Been battling the wife on money lol. My bills are falling a bit short but I can't pass on good deals its like a sickness and the only cure is more car parts. So have a question what's best tranny for this set up... Also what do I have to change for harm bal and crank and flywheel?

Yes sir.. Been battling the wife on money lol. My bills are falling a bit short but I can't pass on good deals its like a sickness and the only cure is more car parts. So have a question what's best tranny for this set up... Also what do I have to change for harm bal and crank and flywheel?
Well, it's a 28oz balance first off, so new flywheel for sure.

Tranny? Good gosh! That depends on you and how crazy you are. Basically consider the T5 as a non-idea.

The stock 351 crank will easily tolerate up to 750HP.

I understand financial shortages, work has been slow for about four months now for me too. And yet what am I doing? Buying a new fox body. Welcome to the institution my friend.

Trying to sell complete bumper to bumper wiring harness with mass air computer harness and cai and 70mm meter but idk what its worth. Maf is brand new never been drove on.
IDK either. Ask in a seperate thread. The worst that can happen is the moderators will stuff you in the classified adds. When I was in the army we had a saying, "If it's not specifically prohibited, it must be allowed".

Well, it's a 28oz balance first off, so new flywheel for sure.

Tranny? Good gosh! That depends on you and how crazy you are. Basically consider the T5 as a non-idea.

The stock 351 crank will easily tolerate up to 750HP.

I understand financial shortages, work has been slow for about four months now for me too. And yet what am I doing? Buying a new fox body. Welcome to the institution my friend.
Knew it was 28oz but what kina flywheel will fit my t5? pre 80 fox flywheel maybe?

Knew it was 28oz but what kina flywheel will fit my t5? pre 80 fox flywheel maybe?
No, pony up for a new flywheel, don't waste money getting one resurfaced when you might consider 500HP plus.

What kind will fit? 10.5" normally for a T5, though you might consider checking with people smarter than me.

I didn't know if I could buy a new fly for a pre 80 mustang. Read those work. And damn I was thinking 300hp maybe more. No 500 till I bore it which I hope not to do for a bit.
You should have 300HP out of a 351 without giving it much thought.

I've seriously considered a bored and stroked 351 for my blue car. It has AWESOME potential. 750HP with a stock block, well over 1k with a dart or FRPP block.

Go with the 351 block though, you will save money in the end on making your car fast.

As for the flywheel, unless you're considering a 351 Cleveland, you should be able to get the flywheel you need. Even then, a clevor has all sorts of options.

Yeah hoping cylinders are clean so no bore till later, but ultimately 427 is in the plans but will need all new drive trane to back it. My buddy just put a big block in his monny he talks mad :poo: on my fox can't wait to silence him with my small block small tire no nos car. His 70's Monty weighs to much to compete

So started tearing down 351w and under the very very little grease is a set of brand new heads and push rods. Freeze plugs are all still sparkling new. After cleaning dirt off block its still clean grey cast no rust what so ever. The water pump still has some initials on back with sharpie or something so my guess is its a rebuilt 5.8, I've never seen or smelt such clean oil on heads. It was still that maple syrup clearish color. Not one bit of carbon on the heads springs rods. Even had a oil coiling system on the oil filter. I almost feel wrong tearing down such a good block. :( if my buddy didnt pay 150 for the top end id keep it whole. Put it in a truck. Oh well. We got a rebuilt 351 for 200 i got a complete botom end new block im pretty sure gonna run numbers but looks to be new for 50.

So when my father in law bitches about the 5500 I've spent in the last 7 months when i have collections calling and a family to take care of, dont get me wrong. My wife and child will eat before my car or i do. But seeing as I got TFS tw 170 cc aluminum heads free, a whole car carb and gt40 heads among other parts for 50$ and this beautiful roller block for 50$. I'd say for only being in the car game 7 months I'm doing alright. Because 8 months ago I didn't know where a starter was located on a car, hell I couldn't tell you where a distributor was. I used to pay the tire and lube place 45 to change my oil.. My daughter will not grow up the same way.

A lot of my knowledge comes from the great guys and gals of stangnet. You all have helped tremendously. Davethecarpainter for example helped me back in February in the first week of building crowd pleaser.

A few notes, taken from your earlier statements: KB pistons are NOT forged, Intake manifold is a dual plane, NOT single plane. And if you'll look at the choke horn on the carb, there'll be a "list number" cast into it (Be something like 4776, 4777, 4778 etc). If you'll post that number here I'll tell you what that carb actually is.

Last edited:
Here is my latest update yall

351 w is mint. Im building now waiting on a few parts. But ive got the cam about to go in. Aluminum heads are off getting stud holes bored to 1/2. Got a 750 holley dubble pumper. A victor series aluminum intake and even picked up a mr gasket butterfly scoop from the 60s so the guy said.
IMG_1466979416345.jpg
0807161808b.jpg
0807161808_Burst01.jpg
0807161529.jpg

Yes carb is on backwards its just sitting on there lol. But thats my set up so far. Only thing holding me back is flywheel and a few gaskets and a distributor. Let yall know when im done. Take care.

Reactions: 1 users
Ohhh the kicker is i only have 150$ cash in this entire build. Lol thats for block and cam. Ive bartered and traded my way into this the last 2 months.

Reactions: 1 users