Brakes Swapping to SN95 spindles

keel

Aug 23, 2020
Seattle, Wa
I would like to swap to '94 or '95 front spindles on my fox so that I can open up some more wheel options. At the moment, I'm not concerned about upgrading my stock brake calipers. I know I will need to get different rotors to fit the spindles, but my question is if I'm able to run the stock 1989 V8 front brake calipers and pads that I have with the '94-'95 spindle.

• Sponsors (?)

No. The SN95 spindles require SN95 calipers and rotors.

you have 4 options on what to run. If you keep the rear drums you don’t need to change the MC. 99-04 GT 2-piston or the 99-04 Cobra would be my recommendstion

Reactions: 1 user
Is it in here?
Or maybe it's here:

if you want to improve your stock brakes and keep the fox spindles, get the MM brake kit upgrade that includes

SS hoses
Hawk pads
hawk rear shoes
new hardware

That will make a huge difference. Also know tires have a major impact on braking

Is it in here?
Or maybe it's here:
No unfortunately it isn't. Damn, I bookmarked it and then decided I didn't need that info. Well, I would love to find it.

It was a Foxbody tutorial with 4 wheel disc Cobra conversion, it was sweet every part number, pics, tons of good info.

Last edited:
Upgrading the front brakes with the use of '94-'95 spindles is very easy and in my opinion THE BEST modification a Fox Body owner can make to their car. Most of the progress threads here have a "chapter" on brake upgrades. The key is research, research, research which will save you from a delayed project completion or mix and matching non compatible parts. The trail has been well blazed by current StangNet'ters.

Here is my quick and dirty reply.

You'll need 94/95 spindles, calipers, rotors, pads and lines.. I would go with the 99-04 dual piston pbr calipers at least. Both V6 and GT were the same. Obviously the Cobra caliper and rotor route would be optimal if funds and availability allow it.

Besides that you'll need this adaptor for the passenger brake line from caliper to mate up with your fox line.

You'll also need to stack .030 washers on both balljoints, make a spacer or go with sn95 ball joints.

If your going with ranger 5 lug axle/drum in the rear you can leave the booster and master cylinder alone granted it is a v8 car(2.3L booster is smaller)

Reactions: 1 users