Wheels-Tires Sway Bar Interchange And Sizes

Sep 26, 2015
Does anyone know the sizes of the front and rear sway bars on the GT and V6 cars,coupes and convertibles? I suspect the GT will be a little bigger in diameter but wonder what the actual sizes are. And interchangeability.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks 84Ttop, I can then get out my calipers and roll around underneath my V6 and do a comparison. You may have seen my earlier posts and I am a firm believer in this bar exchange as one of the best bang for the buck swaps you can make to your car.

I measured mine this afternoon at 32mm and 21mm f&r respectively. This is what I ran on my 2000 v6 coupe, if my memory is correct, using junk yard bars off gt's and turbo t-birds. I like an over steer condition under light power on smooth constant radius curves and I may have to adjust the rear bar size to get this feeling again. The factory Goodyear F1 Asymetric tires feel stiff compared to the Goodrich TA's that I used in the past but their wear rating is way better than the Goodrich's.I'll stick with them for now. A year later(December 2016) and I'm sticking with the factory supplied bars and tires. Me likey!

Last edited: