sweet deal

alright, well i have a 98 gt that has a head gasket problem, so i need about 3k to fix it, and i cant find a motor. so a good buddy of mine told me about this 2002 gt. it has 55k miles, 5 speed, leather, black, free carfax report and buyback garentee, and its from the dealership.....for 12k :jaw: Tell me, DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A DEAL OR WHAT....its so freakin clean. Imma ask my pops if he can co-sign with me. and yeah i have to ask my daddy....big whoop. its family. so what do u guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Well according to KBB that car is worth 14k from a dealer and 12k from a private party (if in excellent condition). I think you could likely get the dealer to drop at least another thousand off the price if you tried. It certainly doesnt hurt to try. I paid about 13 for my '02 with 36,000 on it 2-3 years ago from a private party.

As far as co-signing goes....I hope you are incredibly responsible and that your dad trusts you ALOT.

Well according to KBB that car is worth 14k from a dealer and 12k from a private party (if in excellent condition). I think you could likely get the dealer to drop at least another thousand off the price if you tried. It certainly doesnt hurt to try. I paid about 13 for my '02 with 36,000 on it 2-3 years ago from a private party.

As far as co-signing goes....I hope you are incredibly responsible and that your dad trusts you ALOT.

hahah yeah, my dad trusts me, i have a good job for a student. plus we live in the same house so i cant really get away from him if i tried, but the car is actually priced at 11,900, but im going to try and knock them down to 11k and the car is in great condition plus im going to put 3200 hundred as a down payment. and the only reason im doing a co-sign to get a low apr because he has old man credit....he's somewhere in the 700. but im really excited, ive never had a new car, my other GT i got had 116,000 miles, so i dont know the feeling of something new. and the good news about that is im going to keep my current GT.:D

so your going to have 2 stangs? One w/ an head gasket problem? Sounds like your living beyond your means if your tuition is anything close to mine

BTW: Where you live?

hahah thanks to california tax, our tuition to the university is pretty much dirt cheap.... its about 1600 per semester at Calstate Fullerton, non cali residents pay about 9k per semester....AND....my tuition is paid for :D but yeah, thats the beauty of being a resident of Cali, and as far as the stang with a head gasket problem, ill slowly fix that one, and the one i am hopefully going to get, 75% sure, imma just do small things to it, like the chin spoiler, grill delete, styling bar cause its a convert and lower it, i dunno, right now im just focused on it looking good. if i want power ill just fix up my old one, and as far as ur tuition goes, well, i notice you go to UCSD....hahaha nice school man seriously, but yeah that is expensive.

hahah thanks to california tax, our tuition to the university is pretty much dirt cheap.... its about 1600 per semester at Calstate Fullerton, non cali residents pay about 9k per semester....AND....my tuition is paid for :D but yeah, thats the beauty of being a resident of Cali, and as far as the stang with a head gasket problem, ill slowly fix that one, and the one i am hopefully going to get, 75% sure, imma just do small things to it, like the chin spoiler, grill delete, styling bar cause its a convert and lower it, i dunno, right now im just focused on it looking good. if i want power ill just fix up my old one, and as far as ur tuition goes, well, i notice you go to UCSD....hahaha nice school man seriously, but yeah that is expensive.

yeah ima a cali resident from birth too, so im not getting totally screwed. It'd be $14,694 extra a year if i was out of state. But yes, UCSD FTW, i got accpeted to Berkeley and UCLA but if i went to Berk. i'd have to commute from home (dad's house) and if i went to LA i'd...have to live in LA:nonono: So having my own place in San Diego is preferable for sure. I have a lot of friends at Cal:nice:

BTW if you want some go fast mods, fix ur stang and sell it - put that money into ur new stang for the new one already has PI heads/cams/intake and will hold its value better

yeah ima a cali resident from birth too, so im not getting totally screwed. It'd be $14,694 extra a year if i was out of state. But yes, UCSD FTW, i got accpeted to Berkeley and UCLA but if i went to Berk. i'd have to commute from home (dad's house) and if i went to LA i'd...have to live in LA:nonono: So having my own place in San Diego is preferable for sure. I have a lot of friends at Cal:nice:

BTW if you want some go fast mods, fix ur stang and sell it - put that money into ur new stang for the new one already has PI heads/cams/intake and will hold its value better

ahh man, yeah that would sound like a good idea to sell my old stang, but i gotta say, it is still clean inside and out, paint is flawless and interior is a beauty. but i dont think i can ever sell it, it has a sentimental value u know, if anything, ill just hand it over to my brother, lol he lives down the hallway from my room and he deserves a stang considering how some idoit totaled his 5.0. when i was a junior in highschool and ever since then, he just sits there and tells me, when the time is right, imma pick up a clean one and build it up, and well, this is his chance now. so...yeah.

can the 98 drive at all, if so use it as a partial trade as said above, i blew my upper intake on my 97 (thanks to nitrous) JB weld and some bullS**T later I got 4500 for it at the dealer. There screwing you, why not return the favor !

ahh man, yeah that would sound like a good idea to sell my old stang, but i gotta say, it is still clean inside and out, paint is flawless and interior is a beauty. but i dont think i can ever sell it, it has a sentimental value u know, if anything, ill just hand it over to my brother, lol he lives down the hallway from my room and he deserves a stang considering how some idoit totaled his 5.0. when i was a junior in highschool and ever since then, he just sits there and tells me, when the time is right, imma pick up a clean one and build it up, and well, this is his chance now. so...yeah.

Yeah, i definitely understand the sentimental value aspect. Just telling you b4 you sink a bunch of money into the SN95 for performance rather than starting w/ a new edge which will save you from buying new heads cams and intake

yeah, i definately know what u guys are talkin bout on the trade in/sale thing, but i just cant get rid of my 98 gt, and its not even drivable, one, the starter is out, and two if i do get it going, water is shooting out of the tail pipes and overheating quick status. lol, how would anyone go about hiding that from the dealership? ? ?

lol, how would anyone go about hiding that from the dealership? ? ?

Why would you? Just ask them to deduct the value of a starter and a head gasket replacement from the trade in value. You'll have to put that amount into it if you were to fix it anyway. Sentemental is one thing, but once you get behind the wheel of the New Edge, you'll forget all about your '98. It's not like they're that different of a car other than the exterior lines and the additional 45hp on tap.

I say if they're willing to take it in on trade, minus the cost of repairs, let it go and don't look back.....then take what you would have given them on the new GT without your trade and spend it on bolt-ons. :nice: