sweet mod that i wish i would have done a long time ago

98_stang_guy

Apr 17, 2003
Wisconsin
this past week i found this upgraded headlight wiring harness on the internet, and i figured i can always use brighter lights, so i went anhead and ordered it to see if its really as good as the website says it is (they claim it lets off close to the same amount of light as HID's). so i bought this headlight wiring harness that allows my low beams to stay on with my high beams and it takes the power directly from the battery so more they are higher watts or something.

i just havent heard of anybody doing this mod before and thought i'd let you guys know about it

here is the site that i got it from

• Sponsors (?)

So it's basically just pulling back the lights like your going to bright somebody. Instead of pushing foward to turn the brights on you pull back and it puts on the lows and highs, just doesn't stay.

So your lows can stay on when you're using your high beams. So what? When I use my high beams, the light they provide is plenty, since they shine out forward from the car, instead of down towards the road like the low beams.

If this product is supposed to allow you to drive with both your high and low beams on at the same time on city streets, prepare to be brighted by every driver you are rudely blinding, and prepare to be pulled over. Every state prohibits using brights when they can interfere with other drivers' vision.

It's pure Rice to claim that this kit makes it look like you have HID headlights. HIDs differ from regular halogen headlights in color temperature, not intensity. If you want the HID look, get Silverstars, which are legal intensity and are aimed downward like low beams are supposed to be- or better yet, just spend the money and get the real thing! Blue bulbs and 100W nonsense will never look the same as real HID.

Skymarshal said:
If this product is supposed to allow you to drive with both your high and low beams on at the same time on city streets, prepare to be brighted by every driver you are rudely blinding, and prepare to be pulled over..
usually people dont drive with their high beams on through the city you idiot

Skymarshal said:
So your lows can stay on when you're using your high beams. So what? When I use my high beams, the light they provide is plenty,
how can you say it is plenty of light?, why not have more, i know here in wisconsin i want all the light i can get with deer all over the place

Skymarshal said:
It's pure Rice to claim that this kit makes it look like you have HID headlights. HIDs differ from regular halogen headlights in color temperature, not intensity. If you want the HID look, get Silverstars, which are legal intensity and are aimed downward like low beams are supposed to be- or better yet, just spend the money and get the real thing! Blue bulbs and 100W nonsense will never look the same as real HID.
i said it gives off almost as much light as HID's, i didnt say they look like HID's

I had a 9007 harness installed when I was playing around with some lights, and I didn't notice that they allowed you to have both high and low beams on at the same time. Maybe you wired them up differently.

The main purpose of the harness is to prevent the wires in the stock wiring from over loading and frying. This allows you to run higher wattage or higher output lights.

If you keep your high beams on in the city cops will think you stole the car. I guess when u break the I don't know what to start the car to steal it you can't shut off the high beams so cops look out for that.
Don't worry not talking out of experience lol, just saw it on the TV show Cops