sweet rear seat and rims

viridionplague

Oct 8, 2007
so after a few days of good work i finaly got my rear seat delete done.

i only messed up like 10 times making stupid mistakes as usual.

this is my first big, or decently big anywas, project iv undertaken myself with this car.

the 8 inch speakers are for midbass and a small amount of deeper bass, and are in a sealed box with the amp atached to the back, the back part still folds down as easy as pie for easy access to the gains on the amp(pic 2).

i am very excited and please with my self at the moment so enjoy the pics.:flag:

feel free to ask any questions and ill be happy to answer

p.s i had to take these with my phone so they arnt the best.

191.jpg

212.jpg

421.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

the bottom part is held up by the lip in the front, and in the back by 2 small notches that were created from back seat frame rubbing on the chassis. they are realy small notches but ive had my full weight on it and its going no where soon.

the carpet came from radio shack for about 10 bucks a yard

i was reading first and only saw the seat back and i was like yeah okay good job on cutting out two holes, then i saw the seat bottom and was like wow thats cool.

i really like how its symmetrical and how you have the ovals mounted at an angle. looks really good :nice:

just a thought, if you take out that center console, you can fish those wires under the carpet and bring them up through where the shifter comes through the carpet.

for the most part the wires are under the center console exept that little patch you can see. where the center console ends.

but just after i bolted down the bottom section i remembered, however the carpeting made it very hard to get the bolts all the way in and i didnt wanna undo them :(

i wasnt realy going for a big improvment in soundstage but rather working with what i had.

also aiming the speakers would have been rather difficult due to the fact that i only own a dewalt cutout tool.

the speakers do however have adjustable caps on the tweeter to help project the sound where you want it. and the bass that comes from the woofer of the speakers is closer to being omni directinal in nature so its not nearly as bad as you would think.