Switching to 140 speedo and gauges-HELP

• Sponsors (?)

BBK does it. I've heard some good and a couple of dissappointed results though. It requires purchasing the gauge faces through them at this price.

http://brothersperformance.com/shop/mustang/bbkcal1w.html

If you watn another kind of face, they can probably recalibrate it for a bit more $$$.

If you find a 140 and want to swap it in, only the 89 year model is a direct fit. The 90-93 can be made to work by swapping the speedo mechanism and the 140 MPH face to the 85 MPH plastic part that the face is glued to. Ford changed these parts in 90 due to the redesign for the airbag. I was able to install a 92 one in my 87 by cutting and filing the plastic speedo face part to make it fit. But I wanted stock black gauges and didn't want to risk damaging the faces by peeling them up and trying to swap them over.

trbkrb said:

Just curious. I think i may have asked you this before. But what MC are you using with the Mark 7 rear disk and 99+ PBR front calipers?

I have something to contribute to this thread sincei put a 140MPH speedo in my '88....but i have no time to write now. Will post later

Mustang5L5 said:
Just curious. I think i may have asked you this before. But what MC are you using with the Mark 7 rear disk and 99+ PBR front calipers?

Yes Mike,

I guess I need to add it to my sig just for you ;)

It is the 94-95 MC and stock booster. And I almost called you on your car.....before I knew it was you! LOL!!!! Great job!

My brush with greatness! :D

Thomas