switching to power windows & locks?

• Sponsors (?)

You need to find an 86 at a junkyard and rape it for parts. It's not going to be an easy job. It's more than just a matter of tossing a motor and some wires and switches in. It would probably be easiest to swap doors with an 86 GT if that's a viable option for you.

Daggar said:
You need to find an 86 at a junkyard and rape it for parts. It's not going to be an easy job. It's more than just a matter of tossing a motor and some wires and switches in. It would probably be easiest to swap doors with an 86 GT if that's a viable option for you.

yea i know it wont be easy...i will have to call the local mustang junkyard monday and see if hes got one with the pw/pl

Well, you can use the regulators and motors from the 87-93 cars also, along with the wiring, you may just ahve to modify it some depending on the switches you use. Don't bother with the Ford lock actuators, get the aftermarket ones. If you want to stay with the 85 door panels, you would need to find the switches for the 86 and earlier year models. I feel, unless you are going to paint the car, it is cheaper to swap the parts over. I just itemized all the stuff you need in this thread last week:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=540698

Good luck!