Synthetic OIL

• Sponsors (?)

There is nothing there to impress you with. The purpose of synthetics isn't to make your car run faster, but to reduce the wear on your engine. Use it for 100k then pull your motor apart....then you'll be impressed.

I run Amsoil full synthetic 5w-30 w/ Amsoil EA technology synthetic filter. Works great. I only have to change my oil and filter once a year.

The really good news is Amsoil is 100 percent made in America, and doesn't use foreign petroleum. :nice:

Dark Knight GT said:
I run Amsoil full synthetic 5w-30 w/ Amsoil EA technology synthetic filter. Works great. I only have to change my oil and filter once a year.

The really good news is Amsoil is 100 percent made in America, and doesn't use foreign petroleum. :nice:

I would not reccomend anyone wait that long between oil changes if they drive their car. Even if the oil is good enough to not break down for that long it still becomes contaminated from condensation and gases circulating through the pcv system.

i bought castrol syntec 5w20 this last oil change. i normally run motorcraft 5w20

didn't notice any difference whatsoever. runs the same, idle's the same, starts the same

only reason i bought it was because i was at walmart and decided i might as well buy some oil while i was there (both canola and petroleum)

they were down to 3 qrts of motorcraft and mobil 1 didn't have 5w20 so i went with castrol

I will be going back to Mobil 1 cause it out classes the majority of syn motor oils.

wasn't aware we had a petroleum analysis expert on the boards?

Welcome!

If you have the extra $$$....Mobil 1 can't be beat. Motorcraft 5W-20 is the reccommended oil & it's certainly cheaper. I run Mobil 1 5W-30 in my mustang & Motorcraft is the wife's Ford Ecape. When in doubt, go with what the manual says !

jstreet0204 said:
I would not reccomend anyone wait that long between oil changes if they drive their car. Even if the oil is good enough to not break down for that long it still becomes contaminated from condensation and gases circulating through the pcv system.

I do not hold your opinion.
I have been using Amsoil and Mobile 1 since my car was new.
10 years later I do a P&P head swap to find there is zero sludge in the cylinder heads and the cross hatching is still in the cylinder walls.
I burn a total of 1 qt of oil per year this is including the make up oil from the filter change after 6 months.
My gas milage is the same as it was the day it was new and have never had a lubrication related problem or even a puff of smoke from the exhaust.

Dwayne