T-45 is scaring me...

jmajorboner

Dec 14, 2004
99 GT Manual. Its been going on for alittle while now but its getting worse. When i'm WOT in the high RPM's in 3rd and 4th I can hear a crackling coming from my tranny. I might hear it alittle in second too but the gear doesnt last too long so I cant tell. Anyone have any ideas to what it could be? I'm not even sure if its my tranny but its sounds like that area. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

40th GT said:
You sure it's not detonation from the engine?

Yeah because its like a scratching sound.

TweekedGT said:
:stupid: or else you have some nice peices of metal floating in your tranny, not good.

But its only in the high rpms...But if so, Would a tranny flush solve that? Anyone know how much those run?

TweekedGT said:
i have heard from numerous people that 3rd is usually the first to go in our T-45's. hasn't happened to me yet thank goodness.

I was kinda thinkng that until I was going high rpms in 4th and it did it too, and I think it might do it alittle in 2nd.

wjhat the heck is making these trannys give out? what does 3rd gear have to do with it.

i always thought that 1st and second were usually the gears that people break their trannys. :shrug: