T-5 Rear Bearing Causing Vibration

77CobraII

I gave 77sleeper my rear end for free!
Dec 6, 1999
Manhattan, Kansas
I have a speed related vibration on my mustang. I've installed new axles, new alum. driveshaft, and the rear end is a few months old. All tires have been checked, etc. I had a few different crossmembers in there, and one put the tranny in a really high angle, and wore out the bushing in the tailshaft. I thought that was causing my vibration, so i changed it. But the vibration is still there. I just got through installing the axles and driveshaft, and still no luck. My only guess is that somehow the rear bearing on the output shaft on the t-5 is worn. When I get above 70 it is pretty bad. Anyone had this problem? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I am actually having the same problem. I have replaced many of the parts you have. And just installed new rims and tires hopeing that one was bent. When I get over 65-75 range it vibrates pretty bad. I am gonna swap in a buddys trans and see if that fix's it. But I have no idea what is causing it nor do local shops.

90 5.0 vibration

I also have this vibration. It seemed like a rear-end coming aprt. We took the rear end apart, nothing wrong, checked axle shafts, swaped out drive shafts, same problem. It comes in around 72 mph. Doesnt matter if it in gear or coasting. Rpm doesnt matter either. It is mph related. PLEASE HELP. Thanks

how much play is in the tail shaft of the tranny? that could very well be the problem. you could also try getting the driveshaft balanced or just flip it 180 degrees and see what happens.

I got the vibration after swapping to 373s,my vibration goes away when I push in the clutch,but it is not super bad just annoying.I did rotate the D/S to no avail.Im thinkin carrier runout,anyone think that is a possibility,if so ill pull the cover and check the runout.