T-5 rebuild

• Sponsors (?)

6Stang7 said:
OT question here, but does anyone know were I can get a Hurst style shifter with a white shifter knob for a T-5? I saw one on a 01 GT like 5 months ago, and would really like to put that in my car.

-Shaun

Found it! :banana: :banana: Summit has it. $47.39 for the shifter and $26.95 for a white 5 speed shifter ball if anyone else has been looking (although I don't know why I didn't check Summit before :shrug: :doh: ).

-Shaun

What do I do about the speedometer gear? I know I need a new one because of my 4.11's, but would I get one for T-5? Can I just pick one from like a 5.0 catalog? Will a 5.0 gear fit my 67's cable? I also read that a new gear will only correct up to 3.55 or 3.73. Is this true? It also said that the gear will only last about a year. Is this true?

-Shaun

I got my speedo gears from ford. I They will work with the cable on your car, You may have to re-route it to the other side of the trans though. It may take some playiing around to fine the right gear for your gears/tires etc. I never got mine right, I have 4.11 gears and i have the red gear with the most teeth i could get, and it still is a little fast on the speedo. I need to change the gear on the output shaft, but i have never cared nor had the time to fix it right.