T-5 Rebuild

ok im goign to be rebuilding my T-5 Tranny within the next 2 weeks and have a few questions. Im looking for a rebuild kit that can handle the power im oging to be putting down. i will have edelbrock heads, intake, and a AFM cam. then i will be putting a 150 shot of nitrous on the car. i was going to go with the G force but that is too much money to be dishing out right now. (im rebuilding the tranny for a automotive class). does anyone else have any other suggestions??? i would like to find a kit with a higher overdrive gear like the g force but if i cant thats not a problem. any info would be appreciated. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I'd try Hanlon, or D&D. They should have everything. And the tranny should hold up alright if you don't beat on it, and make sure all your tolerances are right on. This will keep down flex.
As far as the higher OD in the GForce, it uses the stock overdrive gears, but the input ratio is different.
I forgot about that when I put in mine. Kind of caught me off guard when I was 200 rpm's lower on the highway than usual. Now I have to get used to less power in 5th.