t-5 reverse

• Sponsors (?)

This happens to me from time to time, it happened to me in another car also when it was new. Just try shifting into different gears then try the reverse again.

Yup had the car since December and its still an issue from time to time. I usually let the car roll a slight bit, or shift up into first then back down to reverse and it works fine. It can be tricky sometimes though.. try not to force it... not good for the linkage.

Saltfi may be right, Ive never read the entire book myself. Barely read even parts of it. But I can assure you the cars sat and idled for many long minutes before and Ive still had trouble getting it into reverse. ;)

That is the pins that hold your brake pads in your claipers moving inside the caliper body. Meaning they are worn smaller than the hole. thus the Clunking sound. My vette does it....different car, but same principal. Have your dealer replace them

when u shift into reverse, you put a reverse load on the car. your brakes are pushed, so they are tryin to keep your car from moving. the reverse force from goin into reverse causes the car to go backwards, and the brake pad bolts/pins r clanking. think about it, they are the weak link, so they break first.