T-5 Revised with G-force inside

• Sponsors (?)

This is a 2 part question in a way. First off, the gear setup that you would be putting in (the Gforce) comes in 2 different styles, those being helical (sp?) cut which is like stock gear and they taper almost to a point with each tooth. Then you've got the straight cut gears, which to my understanding (could be wrong here) require a Pro Shift treatment, and after that you have to be in high RPMs to get them into gear. Again, i'm not sure on that second part but i know they're straight cut gears.

Anyways, the gear ratios of both tooth styles are different than that of the stock T5 so it will shift differently, and my guess would be a tad harder to get into gear, similar to a Tremec TKO or 3550. The best thing about a Gforce T5 is it just bolts right up and there's no need for a special bell housing like you get with a 3550/TKO.

rockin rick...not sure if that was an attempt at a joke or sarcasm...lol, yes there's a clutch just like any other 5 speed if that's what you mean. The difference lies in the gears and input shaft, since the case is a stock T5 case.

My G-force synchro helicut gear set shifts sweet. I don't power shift it with the supercharger right now but before I put it on It was very fast. It is still very fast now :D. I have had my G-Force kit in my T-5 for about 5 months now and it is all good. I have no regrets.

I've only heard one bad thing about this company, and it was a really bad thing, something to do with a totally F'ed up trany and lousy customer service and they basically told the guy he was SOL. There was actually a thread on here somewhere about it. Other than that ONE time, i've never heard anything less than absolute praise about them. People have said that they have a bright future, so we'll see.

GForce supplies transmissions for many ProStock teams, and has been in business for quite some time. As stated above, the helical cut(street) gears shift very nice. The straight cut gears are stronger, but are designed to be shifted under power, so street use is next to impossible. I think this is an excellent trans. and overall a better deal than the Tremec 3550. JMO