T-TRIM too big?

i met a guy last night at the track. he has a 2001 gt, stock motor, focus fuel pump,36lb injectors, and a t-trim running 10 pounds of boost, steeda exhaust and 3.27 gears........his best time is a 13.00.....thats way too slow!!!!!! he says he has an sct tune too....and that modular powerhouse tuned his car and put the blower on....somethings not right....he runs 315 BFG drag radials.......

whats the deal?

my car n/a with out nitrous runs 13.0's

• Sponsors (?)

just because he has slicks and blower doesnt mean he knows how to drive...i was beating up guys with slicks at the track the other day while i was on street tires...running 2.0 60's to thier 2.1 60's....while slicks may help, still need to know how to drive them to be fast.

sometimes you may not get them give you results at the drop of a hat, but when you have your vehicle in there they are giving it all the attention it needs. if you have a problem with it, you let them know, they will correct the problem.

DBMSTNG said:
no, but i've dealt with them and chat with many of their customers on a regular basis. none of them have ever mentioned anything about slipping quality. what problems have you had?

:stupid: hmm havent seen any complaints on Tims site for quality of work... a few complaints about not getting responses fast enough, but never crap work

98stangv8 said:
that is probably the problem...they are too busy nowadays, and the quality of work is suffering...

They quality of their work is why they are so busy. It is the reason people are willing to wait weeks to get their car into Modular Powerhouse.

And yes they have built my Mustang. In fact the quality of their work on my car is why I took it back to them when I decided to get really serious about my car and have them build me the car of my dreams

I visit their shop every Saturday and each time I am there I witness their committment to quality.

My car is there right now and I have never seen the quality of work they do from any other shop. Tim definatley knows what he is doing when it comes to the tune. My car made 600rwhp and 570 rwtq with only 13# boost and a brand new motor with no miles on it with a KB 2.2L.

although I bought 70% of my real HP mods from MPH my car has not been tuned, or built by them at all - they are busy because of their reputation yes, but slipping quality ?? I don't think that is the case at all. There's always so many other variables in ET's to consider also.

my best ET is a 13.1 with 373's with 368 rwhp, and 360 rwtq at the fastest 1/4 mile track in the nation :shrug:

Done on DR's, but I did have a bad clutch cable.