T45 To Tr3650

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Olathe KS
I broke the T45 *again*. It is stuck in 4th gear, so I suspect it is a the same clip which broke last time.

Luckily, I have a 04 TR3650 sitting in the garage. It was originally slated for the cobra build, but I haven't gotten to it yet. So I would like to install the TR3650 in the 97GT while I get the T45 fixed.

Before I tear everything apart, I would like to confirm I have everything I'll need...
From research, I should be able to install the T45 tail housing on the TR3650? That takes care of issues with the speedo sensor and the transmission mount, right? Then, I would swap the reverse switch from the T45 onto the TR3650 as well? My understanding is that everything else will bolt up, including the 10.5" clutch and the shift lever. Am I missing anything?

• Sponsors (?)

I guess it would be just the shift lever. The 3650 has the shifter which is attached to the trans, but not the lever which attaches to it.

I found a couple T45's locally... I might be ahead just to pick up one of these so I don't have to do the job twice.