T5 Identification

pittsburgh

Active User
Mar 23, 2014
I got a 82 gt with a t5 in cant find the id numbers on it. I have found the the year which is 88 stamped by the drain and fill holes .but nothing else in that area. The id tag is gone. Trying to figure out what spline it is .so i can purchase a aluminum Driveshaft.thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I got a 82 gt with a t5 in cant find the id numbers on it. I have found the the year which is 88 stamped by the drain and fill holes .but nothing else in that area. The id tag is gone. Trying to figure out what spline it is .so i can purchase a aluminum Driveshaft.thanks.

T5 were 28 spline. In fact, all of the T5 or auto V8 cars use the same driveshaft.

If you ever upgrade to a tko trans an sn95 cobra driveshaft is what you need to buy then.

On the forward edge of the main case, on the passenger side, where it bolts to the clutch housing, is a partial VIN. Post it here and I will tell you what it's out of.

t5-identifier-gif.68815.gif

On the forward edge of the main case, on the passenger side, where it bolts to the clutch housing, is a partial VIN. Post it here and I will tell you what it's out of.

I've heard this is true, but have yet to ever see one. I've seen the partial VIN on the block though.

I have a disassembled t5 I'll need to take a peek at. I was under impression it was last 6-8 numbers or so

What you posted, which is the last eight of the VIN, means the first five is 1FABP. All that's left is the body, engine, and check digit. Body can be 40, 41, 42, 44, or 45. Engine can be A (except with 42 or 45) or E. So there would be eight possible VINs. I wrote an Excel formula that calculates the check digit if I put in the other 16 characters. Then I put each one in the home page at Carfax or Autocheck to see which one has "records".

Reactions: 1 users