T5 Swap - Clutch Fork Cover Modification

jcode68

Jul 15, 2003
Massachussetts
I have been getting so much great help from this site, I wanted to give something back for a change :D. I recently posted a question about how guys running the JMC hydraulic clutch setup covered the opening in the bell housing where the clutch fork lives. The factory cover doesn't work since the opening for the cable clutch setup is on the wrong end. Everyone who responded said they just left the hole open, but I didn't think this is such a good idea since the elements (dirt, water) would eventually contaminate the clutch disc and throwout bearing and decrease the life/performance. I did an easy modification to the OE clutch fork cover with the Dremel and voila, a functional cover:

2161687_43_full.jpg

2161687_41_full.jpg

2161687_42_full.jpg

Hope this helps someone else with their project. You can check out the latest project updates on my CarDomain site. I got quite a bit done this week. Can't wait to start this beast up soon, I hope!

• Sponsors (?)

jcode68,
What's the total throw (distance) the rod travels when the pedal is depressed? I have a few N*%&$#n hydraulic cylinders laying around and would like to fab a bracket and see if they'll work as long as the distance the rods travels is approximately the same.:rolleyes:

tweet66 said:
jcode68,
What's the total throw (distance) the rod travels when the pedal is depressed? I have a few N*%&$#n hydraulic cylinders laying around and would like to fab a bracket and see if they'll work as long as the distance the rods travels is approximately the same.:rolleyes:

Sorry, I haven't finished the install yet and cannot answer directly. Hope to complete this weekend, bleed and test... If you are asking specifically to figure out the dimensions for a slave cylinder braket, take a gander at this article:
http://home.comcast.net/~grabblue65/Hyd_Clutch.pdf

He has a blueprint included complete with dimensions for building your own bracket. Good luck.