T56 in a fox

• Sponsors(?)

nelzfoxes

5 Year Member
Aug 20, 2013
The T56 is on my wish list of upgrades. Did you use the 7 o’clock bell-housing? What headers did you use? Why did you go hydraulic on the throwout bearing?
For me; I want the 9 o’clock, I have BBK 351W swap headers and I want to keep the cable for the sake of simplicity. But I am in the planning stages and can’t afford that trans yet.

Rt jam

Oct 17, 2015
Great question Nelz. I bought the D and D Performance kit. It came with a 7 o'clock bellhousing which totally interferes with any long tube header.

Options were to go shorty header, find a 9 o'clock SBF to T56 bellhousing or omit the cable and fork and convert to hydraulic.

nelzfoxes

5 Year Member
Aug 20, 2013
Awesome! I guess for me 7 o’clock, shorties, and cable if I ever put the funds together.

CHILL347

Oct 27, 2019
Beaumont, Ab
I installed a Magnum this spring. I run BBK 1 ¾" long tubes and it was definitely a pita but I got her in there. 7 o'clock clutch fork is only option. I massaged my header where needed and shortened the new clutch fork by about an inch. Factory speedo cable reaches on the Magnum also incase anyone was wondering or was told different. I had to shorten my driveshaft by exactly 3". I'm very happy with my new 6 speed transmission and having peace of mind that it will hold up to whatever I throw at it is nice.